Sometimes it's amusing merely to list similarities between songs. Here are two tracks, one by Sometime Sweet Susan (not "Sometimes Sweet Susan"), the other by Brief Candles:
* both are by Milwaukee-based bands -
* both titles incorporate the idea of "west" -
* both bands' names are pop-cultural references, Sometime Sweet Susan to a '70s porn film which, according to IMDB, was the first hardcore film to feature an all-SAG cast (O! the '70s...), Brief Candles to the Zombies song of the same name -
* both bands generally are indebted to shoegazers, although you really don't hear it on this particular SSS track -
* both make prominent use of the same chord voicing - doubly, in that both songs feature lots of major sevenths and both songs move those chords around the guitar in sometimes harmonically unexpected ways.
There. I have now increased your utterly trivial knowledge, at least for a few moments, by a teensy few percentage points.
Sometime Sweet Susan "Somewhere West of Here" (The Coming Lights, 1995)
Brief Candles "Westward" (They Live We Sleep, 2006)
PS: Turns out another blogger just recently wrote about Sometime Sweet Susan...curious coincidence, since the gist of his entry is that there's very little online info about the band...